Wednesday, October 28, 2009

How I shook Swine Flu (I think)

Let me not speak too soon, but last Friday, I was feeling--how you say--like shit. Achy, shaky, swollen glands and weak. Here's what worked for me.

First, I drank water. Then a lot of hot tea (green in the morning, something herbal at night).

Then I took this:
My friend Vani told me this is from France and the French have the best medicine in the world. She was right, it's the #1 flu medicine of Francs. I told her that Larry Gordon has been trying to make me take this for years, at the first sign of a throat tickle. This time, I spent $15.99 on the stuff because I was really scared I got the swine.

I took 2 doses. After the first, I felt no change. After the second, I felt considerably better.

Then I got sleep, no less than 8.5 hours every night for at least four nights. And finally, I took this echinacea with golden seal for three days, twice a day:

Some things I avoided:
dairy
sugar
Alcohol (in excess)*
Fried food**

*i had to drink two beers on Saturday for the Gator game because I'd made a $25 donation to the all-you-can-drink Gator club, and it was, ahem, all-you-can-drink. Also, Wolison and I made hot apple cider with rum one day.

**except for that basket of free french fries I ate half of, and the fish taco the next day at the Brooklyn Flea, where I saw Martha Stewart in the flesh.

But I digress. Warm liquids, lots of sleep, some oscillo and echinacea with golden seal, and knock on wood one more time, I feel completely fine.

7 comments:

  1. Wol can I snag some of the Ossobucco sh*t at CVS?
    Also I'd like to add a disclaimer: if you are knocked up get yourself some Tamiflu like asap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wol it seems i am a bad influenza on you. (ha ha, oh.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahah good one. Yes, I got that oscillo at Duane Reade, the poor man's CVS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If only I had known this a week ago, I would have put the swine carrier I live with on the regimen a.s.a.f.p.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're my new doctor, Jessica. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does Mooks real name start with a J?

    ReplyDelete