Monday, December 7, 2009

Wedding recipes

When my dearest Tiney got married this past February, Wolison and I put our heads together to come up with something a little creative to include in her gift along with the kitchen items we picked off her registry. Because the couple was going to Singapore for the honeymoon, we decided to include 3-4 recipes of that region they could make with their new kitchen tools. Wolison expertly designed little recipe cards on her company's time, and the whole thing was real cute.

For the most recent wedding I attended, I was flying solo, so I had to come up with something with my rudimentary design skills and photoshop 7 (circa 1998). This is a couple I also love, and who both love to cook; I wanted to do recipes to reflected their relationship. They originally met in high school in South Florida, started dating in Gainesville, have lived in Boston for the past five years and are honeymooning in Spain. So, I found four recipes I thought were appropriate:
  • For Gainesville, Sage Lentil Loaf from local restaurant The Book Lover's Cafe (which also has a cookbook that I happen to own).
  • And for Spain, a Grilled Cheese sandwich with Manchego (also appropriate because their gift from me was a Panini grill)--recipe also from Epicurious.*{Ed note: G+G does not condone the Serrano Jamon part of this recipe, but when in Spain... Also, this would make a delicious vegetarian grilled cheese.}
It looked like this, but bound together with ribbon. Click to make larger and steal the recipes.



I hope they enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment