Monday, December 7, 2009

Quick update

Greetings readers! I'm back from the birthday/Thanksgiving/tailgate/wedding haze with a belly full of complex carbs. Remember that time in October when I read that great New York Times article my Aunt Rhonda sent me, and then tried to be vegetarian? Yeah, that didn't stick. But holidays are time for family and indulgence, and I'm going to estimate that 50% of my food intake has been appropriate for this blog. First, let me show you my Thanksgiving feast:


While you were stuffing your face with turkey, I was stuffing my face with turkey AND sushi AND edamame AND spring rolls. Made by real Japanese people from Japan. Also on deck was my mom's most delicious eggplant casserole with melted cheese on top.

Then, I went to Gainesville for the weekend and drank beer at 10:30 am with this guy:


THEN I went to a lovely wedding and did my hair myself:

And finally, I ate Filet Mignon (no picture necessary. I think you know what shame looks like).

Next post will share a great, personal idea for a wedding gift involving new recipes...

1 comment:

  1. What a November. I'm looking forward to a Hanukkah post. Did someone say sweet potato latkes?

    ReplyDelete