Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Try this Ginger

I ain't gonna lie, I've got some stomach issues. And every time I'm at my parents house and I have an upset stomach, my dad's all, "Chew on some ginger." Like I'm going to get a hunk of ginger, peel it and naw on it. A. it's extremely strong B. it's extremely gross. Sometimes, I'll have ginger tea, and while it's not the most delicious, it definitely helps. Same goes for ginger ale.

So recently, I tried this stuff, Uncrystallized Candied Ginger:


The only ingredients are ginger and sugar, and it really works wonders. Plus, you don't have the high fructose corn syrup you find in ginger ale. It can be a little strong, but if you can handle the burn, ginger is great for any stomach ailment--especially nausea (shout out to pregnant mommies, Mooks. And baby Book--or Fook--what are we calling this kid?). So just pop a couple pieces next time you're about to bahf.

I also have a theory that Japanese restaurants serve ginger with sushi because it coats your stomach and allows it to handle the raw fish. But that's not proven, just my opinion.

5 comments:

  1. Hi wol. I've recently gotten into ginger candies as well - the kind I like are chewy like a gummy bear, and they have a little spicy after taste, reminiscent of red pepper flakes. They are delish and mah boo uses it for stomach ailments.

    Also, we're calling it Fete Cook for now. Once it's born, it's name is Lili. I picked out the name a long time ago, even prior to conception. Isn't it lovely?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out wol! I tried the ginger candies and they were a real help in my early days of knocked-upness. Only problem was that I bought the wrong kind that were thick, like taffy. I'd definitely go for the sugar kind next time.

    We're calling the fetus Fete, (like Pete) but you can call it whatever. When it is born Tine will be calling it Lili, but I'm waiting to stress about finding a name until after I know it's a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mooks, I was thinking Fook, like Fete Cook. But I will alternate between Fete and Fook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I've been pronouncing it (in my head) as fet (short e), so that's what I'll be calling it. As for Ginger, this boo is gonna pass.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll be happy to know that fresh ginger lasts ages if you keep it soaked in vodka.

    ReplyDelete